Cancer Research Fundraising Campaign
Thank you to all those members and guests who have contributed
towards our 2022 campaign for cancer research.
With your support we move another step forward in finding a cure for cancer.
Our campaigns this year have raised $2590.00 for this very important cause.
Please watch this page for future campaign events.
All proceeds towards our campaign go to Australian Cancer Research Foundation
Walk4Charity: Terms of Service
Acknowledgement, Waiver and Release
Walk4Charity is being organised by My Outdoor Recreational Group and its volunteers as a fundraising event for charity
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING. All participants must agree to the terms of service contained herein and accept all rules associated with this event..
1. I understand that participating in this Walk4Charity event (the Event) involves walking or hiking on roads and rugged, isolated tracks. I am aware of the hazards involved. The hazards include, but are not limited to, road or track surfaces, remoteness from assistance or medical aid, the strenuous nature of endurance exercise, becoming lost, vehicle traffic, actions of participants, organiser’s personnel, weather conditions, heat exhaustion, condition or suitability of participant’s clothing, footwear or equipment. In my judgement, I have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely in the Event and I engage in the activity at my own risk.
2. I certify that I am physically fit, and capable of walking/hiking on hard or uneven surfaces for the duration of the Event as described and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
3. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, I:
a. RELEASE AND DISCHARGE; My Outdoor Recreational Group, its members and each of the Event sponsors (if any), Event producers/Co-ordinators, volunteers, community organisations and all State, Federal and Local Government authorities with responsibility for the locality in which the event may be staged and their or its respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers (Indemnified Parties) from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other loss or injury whatever and however occurring which I may suffer as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in and my travelling to and from this event and I waive all and any claims against the Indemnified Parties which but for the execution of this Acknowledgement Waiver and Release I may have had against the Indemnified Parties or any of them;
b. INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons or entities mentioned in paragraph 3a from any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever or however caused which may be brought against them or any of them arising as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in and travelling to and from this event.
4. I acknowledge that the organisers of this event strongly recommend that as an individual I arrange for Ambulance Cover, in case of emergency. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in any event of injury, accident and or illness during the event. I understand that the treatment requested from our volunteers is at my own risk.
5. I acknowledge that I was given the opportunity to read a web based brief regarding event rules and safety prior to my participation in this event.
6. I agree to abide by the Event Rules and I understand that my entry may be voided if through my actions or behaviour, in the opinion of the organisers, I break any of the rules or I bring the event into disrepute. I further understand that the organisers reserve the right to reject any entry without having any justification for their actions.
7. I acknowledge that the Event organisers may re-route, delay or cancel the Event due to weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of god, terrorism, war or any other reason so deemed by the organisers as unsuitable. I also acknowledge that given the nature of the Event, logistics and third parties involved - to merely postpone the Event would not be possible.
8. I understand that if the Event has to be rescheduled or cancelled for reasons outside of the control of the organiser, that my entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
9. I understand that during the Event or related activities I may be photographed or filmed. I agree to allow my photography, video or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose (including social media platforms, our Walk4Charity photo gallery, website and newsletters) by My Outdoor Recreational Group. And, I give permission to have my name published on the event's website participants list.
10. I hereby certify that I will be eighteen (18) years of age or older before the Event starts.
We have read and acknowledge this document and agree to abide by the Walk4Charity rules.
'With Your Help..... Cancer May One Day Be Beaten'
Join our fight against cancer!