Check List Summary
Welcome to our 2018 Walk4Charity Campaign
After reading the Event Rules and other relevant information (see website for details), please read this Check List Summary prior to attending the event.
1. Print a copy of our Walk4Charity Map and Points of Interest Brochure (POI) to bring along on the day.
2. Arrive at the event with ample time to sign on and attend the 7.15am briefing.
3. Please wear something PINK to show your support for this very worthwhile cause. Pink Walk4Charity merchandise including shirts and caps will be available for sale from the sign on desk on the morning of the walk.
4. The provided identification event wrist bands must be worn at all times during the event. These can be collected at the event sign on desk on the morning of the walk.
5. You will need your OPAL card for the ferry transfers, cash in case of emergency (such as illness or injury requiring you to leave the walk).
6. At the end of the walk we will be providing a complimentary sausage sizzle. Tea, coffee, wine and beer etc will be available for a $5.00 donation to further benefit our cancer research fundraising campaign.
7. Please ensure that you have sufficient clothing, food and water for the duration of event. Plus, additional clothing and a fold-up chair (to be left in car) for our end of walk social.
8. Switch your phone ON prior to arriving at the event and keep it ON while participating. We will use the following number should we need to contact you. (T: 0409 917 776). Please record this number in your phone’s contact list for reference.
9. Don't forget, safety is important to us, but ultimately, it is your responsibility. Please follow all instructions that are given on the day and be sure to let one of our volunteers know if you have the need to leave the event at any given time.
10. Please attend the Walk4Charity event with the knowledge that with every step you take directly assists to help eliminate sickness and deaths caused from cancer. The life saved may happen to be a friend, a loved one, a complete stranger or just maybe, it might be your own.
11. The event will go ahead weather permitting. The event will only be cancelled if severe weather is forecast, or if we deem the walk too unsafe due to weather elements etc.
12. Note: Daylight saving time commences Sunday 7th October at 2.00am when clocks are turned forward one hour.
Thank you for your participation and support with this vital need to further cancer research.
'With Your Help..... Cancer May One Day Be Beaten'
Join our fight against cancer!